Benzalkonium Chloride 50% is a kind of organic salt, which is said to be considered under the class of ammonium compound. This cationic surfactant is known for having 98% of purity. Name of the compound itself tells us about the main constituents which is involved in its composition, these are chlorine and benzalkonium. In number of industrial sectors, varying from cosmetics, food, leather, textile, water treatment to pharmaceuticals offered surfactant is being used. This organic salt compound is available in powdered form, which can be stored under room temperature. It appears to be in the color of water white-pale straw. It is also a kind of microbial agent, which inhibits the growth of the bacterias or vermin. That is why, it can be said that offered compound is used in the production of several ingredients, such as ointments, antiseptics etc.
Properties of Benzalkonium Chloride 50%:
1) The compound can be dissolved in water in all proportions.
2) It has a undetectable faint almond odor.
3) Alkyl distribution in the compound takes place chiefly in C12-C14.
4) At 20 degree Celsius it can be formed into liquid.
Benzalkonium Chloride 50% Specifications:
1) Alkyl distribution : Chiefly C12-C14
2) Free amine content : 1.0% max
3) Appearance : Water white-Pale straw
4) Form at 20C : Liquid
5) Odour : Undetectable -faint almond
6) Density : 0.984 (+/-0.01) g/ml
7) Solubility : soluble in water in all proportions
8) PH value : 7.5 (+/-1)
Uses of Benzalkonium Chloride 50%:
1) Dairy hygiene
3) Chemical Industries
4) Detergent Sanitizer
5) Non Alcohol Sanitizers
6) Oil Field
7) Food & Beverage Industries
10) Leather Industry
11) Timber Protection
12) Water Treatment
13) Pharmaceuticals & Cosmetics
14) Paper & Pulp Industry
15) Sugar Industry
16) Skin Antiseptics & Hand washes
17) Textile Industry
18) Soak Solution for Dental for surgical/dental instruments prior to high-level sterilization