Coal based Tar Acid is a semi solid and semi liquid substance. It has high viscosity level and has strong smell. It is black in appearance and it does not dilute in water. Its permeability is low. This acid is obtained from carbonization of coal. As part of its production method, coal is heated without the presence of air at 900 degree C to 1200 degree c temperature range. Offered Tar Acid has been formulated at controlled environment. Its standard has been checked as per its shelf life, composition, appearance, chemical attributes, density, application in different industries, storage temperature and processing method.
Tar Acid Features
- It is antiseptic and disinfecting in nature.
- Tar Acid has a distinct and pungent odour.
- It has a range of chemical reactivity and usefulness.
- Tar Acid demonstrates the preservative qualities of organic materials.
- There may be some health hazards linked with its use.
Tar Acid Properties
- Tar Acid is a black, viscous liquid or solid with a strong odour.
- Tar Acid is a complex blend of phenolic chemicals generated from coal or wood tar.
- Tar Acid is soluble in organic solvents such as alcohol, ether, and benzene and is moderately soluble in water.
- Tar Acid has acidic characteristics and can produce salts when it reacts with bases.
Q. Is Tar Acid poisonous?
Ans: If swallowed or absorbed via the skin, tar acid can be harmful.
Q. Is Tar Acid a flammable substance?
Ans: Tar Acid is not very flammable, but under specific conditions, it can encourage combustion.
Q. Can Tar Acid irritate the skin?
Ans: Tar Acid can irritate the skin, especially when used in high concentrations or over an extended period of time.
Q. Is Tar Acid safe for the environment?
Ans: If tar acid is discharged into the environment, it can have negative effects on the ecosystem.