With the incessant growth in chemical sector, there is an immense increase in the demands of chemicals such as PERC, which is perchloroethene. Per choloro ethylene PERC PCE is a colorless liquid which has an odor of chloroform. While working with this chemical, keeping safety and precautions is an evident procedure. It is highly demanded for its dry cleaning of fabric applications. It is also employed as water repellents and paint removal products. This chemical is also used as a lubricant.
1. Dry cleaning of fabrics- used for dry cleaning of fabrics by removing oil and dirt from them.
2. Metal cleaning and lubricant- used as an effective cleaning agent and lubricant or grease.
3. Chemical sector- used as a solvent for wax and oil.
1. Should be used only after wearing PPE.
2. Can cause chronic health conditions, if handled improperly.
Per Chloro Ethylene Properties:
1. CAS No.: 127-18-4
2. EC No.: 204-825-9
3. Purity: - 98 % +
4. Density: Between 1.58 and 1.625
5. Moisture: < 1 %
6. Freezing point: - 23 degree centigrade
7. Flash Point: None
8. Boling point: 121 degree centigrade
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Is per chloro ethylene PERC PCE is a hazardous chemical?
Ans: Apart from its wide usage, the chemical contains hazardous elements.
2. Where to store per chloro ethylene PERC PCE?
Ans: It is advisable to store per chloro ethylene PERC PCE chemical in a dry container at a cool place.